- Certified Translation
- Banking Statement
- Birth Certificate
- Business License
- Death Certificate
- Divorce Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Household Register
- Income Certificate
- Invitation Letter
- Letter of Admission
- Marriage Certificate
- Police Clearance
- Power of Attorney
- Property Ownership
- Residence Card
- Certificate of Retirement
- Work Permit
Shanghai Disneyland Park which is the sixth in the world and the first in mainland China, was open on June 16th, 2016.
People will usually refer China Disneyland to Shanghai Disneyland, instead of Hongkong Disneyland.
I didn’t go there until nearly half a year later on December 19.
The only reason is just I’m afraid of huge lines and massive crowd.
Maybe in other Disneyland Parks, this is not a big problem.
But in Disneyland China, you’d better make a travel plan in advance, including choosing a proper date, downloading Disneyland APP, booking Disneyland tickets, writing down tips to have fun at Shanghai Disneyland Park and etc.
Since my home is not very far from Shanghai Disneyland Park, one-day tour is my choice.
Where is Shanghai?
Where is Shanghai Disneyland Park?
Of course this is not for myself since I’m a native Shanghai person.
This is for those who come to Shanghai for the first time.
Shanghai is an international commercial city, whose name literally means “on the sea”, is located on the east China coast just to the south of the mouth of the Yangtze river.
Famous attractions in Shanghai are including
- Oriental Pearl Tower,
- The Bund,
- Riverside Avenue,
- Nanjing Road,
- Yuyuan Garden,
- Xin Tian Di,
- Shanghai Museum,
- World Financial Centre ,
- Shanghai Disneyland and etc.
Shanghai Disneyland Park is located inside the Disney Resort in Chuansha New Town of Pudong New Area. It’s close to the PuDong International airport.
TIPS: Best Map Apps in Shanghai
- Download “Baidu Map” or “Autonavi map“for your phone forehead since Google Map is blocked in China.
- Only Simplified Chinese versions are available for “Baidu”and “Autonavi”. So if you really want to use “google map”, use a VPN service.
How to book Shanghai Disneyland Tickets?
You can book tickets through the following channels,
- Book tickets on the official website https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/tickets/
- Book tickets through mobile app of the Disneyland. Except booking tickets from App, it also has live Disney wait times and an interactive map of the park.
- Book tickets at the entrance, but there may be a long queue and so this is not recommended. You need to show passports or ID cards to buy tickets.
- Book tickets on Taobao which is one of most popular e-commerce platform in China.
I booked tickets on Taobao. Ticket price is much cheaper than official website. But no English version is available and also you should choose a reliable online shop.
How to arrive in Shanghai Disneyland Park?
It takes us only about 15 minutes by car from my home to Disneyland of Shanghai. So driving there is our first choice.
Shanghai is a big city and the traffic is so complicated, you’d better plan your route to Shanghai Disneyland Park forehead and leave enough time. Maybe you will spend two hours depending on where you live and traffic conditions.
Getting to Shanghai Disney Resort by Shanghai Metro
Take Metro Line 11 and get off at Terminal Station Disneyland Park Station. But the metro in Shanghai is very complicated. You perhaps transfer at least once, maybe twice and more.
1. Download App “SH Metro” for your mobile phone and English version is available.
2. You’d better buy a return ticket upon arrival at the metro station to avoid the long queue in the evening. Also you can purchase a one day metro pass at any service counter for 18 RMB.
3. Metro service schedules and fare lists please refer to http://service.shmetro.com/en/
4. During rush hour the metro can become quite literally packed and you may not have much personal space. So you should prepare it mentally.
Getting to Shanghai Disney Resort by Bus
♣ International Tourism and Resorts Zone Express
After arriving in Shanghai, you can go to the stations below to take the Express bus which provides a non-stop service to Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zone. Shanghai Disneyland Park entrance is about 3-minute-walk from where you get off the bus.
Line 1: Shanghai Railway Station: Shanghai Long-Distance Bus Terminal (No.1666 Zhongxing Road)
Line 2: Shanghai South Railway Station: Shanghai South Long-Distance Bus Terminal ( No. 666 Shilong Road)
Line 3: Hongqiao Transportation Hub: Shanghai Hongqiao Long-Distance Bus Terminal (No.298 Shenhong Road)
Line 4: Shanghai Pudong International Airport: Shanghai Pudong International Airport (T1 Arrival );
♣ Shanghai Bus Line
Take bus line Pudong 50, Pudong 51 or Pudong 52 and get off at South Public Transit Hub. Then walk for about 1.6 km to the park, or transfer to shuttle bus 2 or 3 in the resort.
Getting to Shanghai Disney Resort by Taxi
If you’re arriving from Pudong Airport, taking a taxi is a good choice. It will cost you no more than 100 RMB and it’s about 45minutes (traffic jam not included).
A taxi ride from the downtown area will cost you between 100-150 RMB and it’s about an hour not in rush hour.
Some knowledge of Shanghai Disneyland Park
Before making a travel plan, some basic knowledge of Shanghai Disneyland is a must.
There are altogether six themed lands inside the park.
Chinese Name is “米奇大街”.
You will walk along Mickey Avenue once you enter Shanghai Disneyland Park. As the homeland of Mickey Mouse and his friends’, they will gather and welcome you. There are no entertaining facilities along the street and just a bazaar. Mickey Avenue is really a good land for shopping and taking photos.
Gardens of Imagination
Chinese Name is “奇想花园”.
Gardens of Imagination is created especially for Shanghai Disneyland Park and there are bridges and paths connecting seven unique gardens. You can view castle stage plays and night performances. You can also take a spin on merry-go-round, soar on Dumbo the Flying Elephant , take a photo with your own zodiac signs in the Garden of the Twelve Friends.
Chinese Name is “探险岛”.
Turn right after walking at the end of Mickey Avenue, you can find Adventure Isle. Compared to Garden of Imagination, this land is more liked by older kids and adults. Adventure Isle looks like an ancient tribe which you can brave the wild jungles. Some main attractions below:
- Soaring Over the Horizon is one of the most popular attractions in Shanghai Disneyland Park. It is actually a 5D film which will take you over the landmarks in every corner of the world. The film takes us through the African savannah and sees all kinds of animal migration, then comes to the taj mahal, passes by the Eiffel Tower, and finally returns to Shanghai. But get ready for long queue. Of course there is some tips for you that I will mention in ” tips of one tour in Shanghai Disneyland Park) .
- Roaring Rapids will carry you straight through the heart of Adventure Isle, grifting down the river on the rafts. It’s very exited and make prevention of wetting your clothes.
- Camp Discovery will give you different ways to explore Adventure Isle such as traverse challenging rope courses and just hike scenic trails. It is more suitable for older kids.
- Tarzan — Call of the Jungle is a live stage show performed in Mandarin which there is music, comedy, romance and high-flying acrobatic action.
Chinese Name is “ 宝藏湾”.
Treasure Cove is the first pirate-themed park ever at a Disney park. This land features a mix of architectural styles. There are two giant ships, pirate-themed restaurants and a fun water play area.
“Pirates of the Caribbean” – Battle for the Sunken Treasure is the jewel of this land. It’s an indoor drifting adventure facility. During the journey, you will encounter brave pirates and beautiful mermaids. The boats spin, travel sideways, and the move backwards will also create a highly dynamic experience.
There is an elaborate play in this land called “Eye of the Storm” – Captain Jacks Stunt Spectacular. The fantastic stunts and fierce fighting scenes will provide you with amazing visual effects. Don’t miss it.
Speaking of “Pirates of the Caribbean”, I will mention here that on May 11,I was honoured to attend World Premiere at Shanghai Disney Resort for Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
I’m on the right side of the picture. lol… (The picture is from Wechat public account of Disneyland China.)
Chinese Name is “ 明日世界”.
Tomorrowland presents the hope and potential of the future. With imaginative design and high-tech, this land is just like the settings of science fiction movies. Some main attractions are introduced below.
- Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue is a shooting program for you to save the world.
- TRON Lightcycle Power Run is the world debut attraction which is just like a catapult roller coaster. You will board two-wheeled light cycles to launch across a canopied section of track, diving high-speed into a mysterious game world of light, projection and sound effects. It’ s one of the most exciting attractions in Shanghai Disneyland Park.
- Jet Packes: You will become sky pilots, taking off and then rising into the sky on the vehicles of future. Pilots will see breath-taking scenery of the whole park from their sky-high vantage point.
- At the world of Star Wars and Marvel club you will meet movie heroes.
Chinese Name is “ 梦幻世界”.
Fantasyland is the largest land among the six amazing themed lands in Shanghai Disneyland.
- Disney Princesses at Enchanted Storybook Castle. It’s the tallest, largest and most interactive Disney castle in the world and it’s the shining symbol of Shanghai Disneyland.
- “Once Upon a Time” Adventure: Step through the magic mirror portal and wander in Snow White’s fairy-tale world.
- Voyage to the Crystal Grotto will take you for a trip on water, passing by lively fountains and sculptures and then enter the crystal cave, celebrating classic Disney tales like Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and many more.
- Peter Pan’s Flight make you drift high into the sky with Peter Pan and embark on an adventure.
- Alice in Wonderland Maze is from Tim Burton’s live-action film “Alice in Wonderland”. It is like a maze that you wind your path through Alice’s Wonderland, then attend the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a roller coster which will take you weave through mines with Seven Dwarfs and visit their house. It is the most popular attraction in this land. (Height limit: 97cm or taller)
- Adventures of Winnie the Pooh”will take you to explore the hundred Acre Wood with Winnie the Pooh and pals and discover their delightful world.
- Hunny Pot Spin is a delightful family attraction where you ride inside whirling honey pots.
- Frozen: It’s A Sing-Along Celebration and be part of the music and magic as you join Anna, Elsa and Kristof for an interactive performance.
About Shanghai Disneyland Fastpass Ticket
It’s highly recommended to get a free Fastpass to save time. Then you can avoid joining the long queue for some attractions.
Disney Fastpass Attractions Include:
- Soaring Over the Horizon – Adventure Isle
- Roaring Rapids – Adventure Isle
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Fantasyland
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Fantasyland
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Fantasyland
- TRON Lightcycle Power Run – Tomorrowland
- Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue – Tomorrowland
- Disney Fastpass attractions are usually above, but they may be changed. So you’d better check the Shanghai Disneyland Times Guide.
- Keep your park tickets and you can only pick up Fastpass tickets by scanning your own Disneyland tickets at the Fastpass distribution kiosks.
- Disney official website shows ” Guests are strictly prohibited from obtaining multiple Fastpasses on behalf of others at the Fastpass kiosks.” But actually not all the members of you have to line up together for Fastpass tickets, one of you can pick up all the Fastpass tickets for all, but he /she must take all the park tickets with him.
- If you can’t catch the Fastpass attraction, try changing with others. Just try it and I can not promise.
- Generally the Fastpass tickets will be sold out in the afternoon.
Make Your Own Travel Plan
Based on all above knowledge of Shanghai Disneyland Park, you can make a best travel plan to the park.
- When should I arrive in Shanghai Disneyland Park?
- What should I bring? Water? Snack?
- Where to get Shanghai Disneyland Park Guide Map?
- Where to get Shanghai Disneyland Times Guide?
- How to avoid huge crowds to experience all the attractions I want to play?
- Which Fastpass attractions should I get?
- What is my route? Eg. Adventure Isle-Adventure Isle-Fantasyland-Tomorrowland
I made up a list for your further reference based on my real experience on the scene.